By Guest Blogger:
Rosemary Cooper-Clark, Chief Executive,
In June, MemberWise and highflyingdivas organised an evening for female leaders in the membership sector, which was kindly hosted by Melanie Stancliffe, Partner at Irwin Mitchell and supported by Abby Wright-Parkes of Optimist Consulting. Key speakers were Helen Stokes-Lampard, Chair of RCGP and Jane hatfield, CEO of the FSRH. Both shared their leadership journeys and tips on progression. This was followed by a discussion, which raised many of the challenges I first wrote about in an article for the HR Director called The Gender Agenda back in 2012.
Our speakers shared many tips that apply to all genders, which are also listed here.
- Before you can step up, you need to learn to let go.
- Advice is a gift that you don’t have to act upon.
- For every thing you take on, decide what you are going to give up. 1 thing added = 1 thing taken away.
- You cannot change others, only yourself
- Don’t always feel the need to fight for the next promotion, also look at the potential of stepping sideways
What tips do you have to aspiring leaders?
Rosemary Cooper-Clark PCC (ICF) is an experienced and CPD accredited leadership coach and coach mentor supervisor with unique best practice approaches. Rosemary possesses Board Level blue chip and public sector experience incorporating leadership, change, people and business management.