Based in London, we are a small, specialist, full service market research company, providing research insight and strategic direction to professional bodies, trade organisations, charities, academic institutions, publishers and other private sector organisations. Established in 2002, we have an in-depth understanding of membership organisations and the challenges they face. We work closely with our clients to ensure the results of each project provide bespoke, evidence-based insight to shape product, strategy and market development.
We offer a full range of qualitative methodologies (e.g. focus groups, online discussions, face-to-face and telephone/online depth interviews), in addition to competitor profiling, online quantitative survey work and market reviews. Client workshops, knowledge audits, and ideation brainstorms also play an important role in ensuring the research work we conduct is correctly aligned to our clients’ business needs.
Projects we have undertaken for membership organisations have covered research topics such as:
- Member engagement/satisfaction
- Idea generation for new products (e.g. e-learning, CPD support)
- Communications research
- Brand tracking/awareness
- Product/qualification development
- Online content feasibility studies
- Benchmarking research (e.g. covering member value, satisfaction, expectations, needs)
- Competitor profiling/design of competitor monitoring frameworks
We take on projects both large and small, and pride ourselves on providing a personal, tailored service, so please don’t hesitate to contact us to find out how we can help.
Research by Design is the UK’s leading market research agency for membership associations, with an established reputation for unpicking complex issues. We pride ourselves on our unique approach and our USP of ‘why before how’, which gives us the ability to think creatively. We do not sell ‘products’ – we customise each research programme to answer our clients’ objectives meaning we deliver valuable insight. We embrace the philosophy of ‘stronger together’ and ensure that we form a true partnership with you.
We understand membership and that is why we created our very own member engagement model. Within our model, we identified four key components of member engagement; behavioural, cognitive, emotional and social. Like membership, our model is always evolving to remain relevant so we are in the process of adding a fifth component – culture. Understanding these characteristics enable us to design research which will explore members’ perceptions, experiences, behaviours and attitudes. Using this data, we are then able to segment members, clustering them by their attitudes rather than just their membership grade or demographic profile.
Chord UK delivers high quality member engagement via telemarketing, direct & digital marketing, data improvement and research, for clients including the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), ICSA: The Governance Institute, British Medical Association (BMA), Royal College of Nursing (RCN) and Royal College of GPs (RCGP).
- High quality telemarketing support for:
- member welcome and touchpoint calls to help retain first year members
- touchpoint calls to increase engagement and retention at key points in the member journey
- new member identification and acquisition
- help during busy renewal periods
- boosting attendance for training courses & events
- qualification enrolments.
- Support for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ePrivacy Regulation (ePR) compliance, including regular data cleansing and Corporate / Telephone Preference Service (C/TPS) screening, channel preference confirmation and gaining consent for email opt-in when required.
- Improving marketing data quality and actionable insight to improve targeting and increase return on investment.
Clients have benefitted from returns of £17: £1 spent for member retention and acquisition and £11: £1 for event bookings and qualification enrolments.
MemberWise offer: 10% off your first campaign/project for new clients
Address: 23A Goose Street, Beckington, Frome, Somerset, BA11 6SS
T: 01373 867920
- Unpaid Member Renewal Campaign – RSC
- Member Welcome & Engagement Calls – RCN
- Transforming Data Quality & Member Intelligence – AOP
- Group Membership Recruitment – BVA
- Membership Retention & Acquisition – BMA
- Boosting Permission-based Marketing – ACT
- Mystery Shopping – RCGP
- UK & International Member Retention, Lapsed Member & Welcome Calls – RCGP
Compare 2 Compete Online Benchmark Software produces and delivers benchmark software with which trade assocations can easily set up and execute a benchmark among their members. We will help you to create a successful benchmark.
Combo Benchmark is an online benchmark system in which you set up a questionnaire, frequency, participants etc. Then you ask the participants by integrated email to submit their data. After submitting data the participants generate online real time reports in which they can compare themselves with relevant reference groups.
Advantages for you as a benchmark manager:
- Easy set up of a benchmark
- Possible to have a benchmark online within one day
- Custom made benchmark within a standard system
- Saves lots of time in executing a benchmark
- Created lots of value in reporting to participants
- Increases membership engagement
Ashridge Communications offers both expert research services and trusted consultancy to the membership sector. We can bring fresh thinking to help your membership body thrive – with insight, ideas and strategic solutions delivered by membership specialists, aligned to your goals. Whether that’s understanding members’ needs, launching new services, growing, segmenting or engaging: we can help you make sense of the issues and support you in delivering the changes.
Our carefully designed research programmes use a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies to explore the views, attitudes and perceptions of members and potential members, lapsed and non-members, trustees and customers, as well as other stakeholders within your markets and sectors of interest. Robust analysis and detailed reporting ensure you are equipped with the information and evidence you need to take the next step.
But it doesn’t end there. As consultants focused on the membership sector, we have a wealth of knowledge that enables us to interpret research findings, review processes and assess outputs to provide recommendations for improvement and change. Our attention to detail and collaborative approach ensures clients are able to turn insight into actions, and we can lend a helping hand with implementation when resource is scarce.
To find out if we can help you with your membership challenge, call us on 01442 876605 or visit www.ashridgecommunications.com
Infocorp have been providing membership research to private and professional organisations for thirty years. We offer a flexible approach to our clients providing full-service research or field and tab only if required. We only employ senior experienced staff so you will always be working with people that are experts in their field, making your life easier and guaranteeing reliable and robust surveys.
We offer a wide range of research services and can advise on the most popular research techniques for engaging with members. We can undertake qualitative and quantitative surveys both in the UK and around the world. We have a particular reputation and track record for delivering the most complex and demanding of studies.
Enventure Research is a market research agency, specialising in research for membership organisations. We offer a full range of research methodologies, including quantitative research in the form of online, telephone, face-to-face and paper-based surveys, and qualitative research in the form of focus group discussions, in-depth interviews and workshops.
We have worked with a wide range of prestigious membership organisations, professional associations and regulatory bodies to deliver a variety of research projects. This experience has provided us with an informed understanding of the membership sector and the unique challenges membership organisations face, their research requirements, and how to produce excellent and actionable insight.
Each project is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients, and we select the most appropriate and effective research methodologies to produce outcomes that are reliable, robust, insightful and actionable.
As a small research agency, we are able to deliver a highly competitive and dedicated service, providing an assigned project manager to see a project through from inception and development, to data collection and fieldwork, to analysis and reporting.
As a membership organisation, we know that understanding your membership is crucial. Engaging with your members by conducting research can provide them an opportunity to feed back on what they think of your organisation, their membership and benefits, how they feel they are being represented within their sector or profession, and how the organisation could develop in the future.
The insight gained from research will allow your organisation to make decisions based on robust evidence and insight to help improve services, drive membership growth, improve retention rates and shape future policy. This insight could include:
- What members think of the organisation
- Members’ priorities and satisfaction levels
- Use of and attitudes towards support, benefits and services offered
- The importance of representation within the sector/profession
- Perception of membership fees and value for money
- Changes or improvements to services
- Feedback on specific issues or areas of policy
- Public or stakeholder perceptions and experiences of the sector or your organisation
Your research findings will be displayed in a way that you will find most useful, ranging from visual infographics to detailed research reports. All research outputs will be tailored to suit your needs, and will include clear practical evidence-based recommendations and conclusions that can inform and influence the shape and delivery of your membership services, communications, policy and strategy.
Examples of projects we have successfully delivered include:
- Royal Town Planning Institute – Membership Survey, Non-Member Research, Student Survey
- European Society of Anaesthesia – Membership Survey
- Association of Anaesthetists – Membership Survey, Consultant Fatigue Survey, Overseas Anaesthesia Survey
- Town and Country Planning Association – Parks and Green Spaces Public Perceptions Research
- General Dental Council – Attitudes Towards Brexit Research, Website Review, Registrant Survey
- General Optical Council – Public Perceptions Survey, Education Strategic Review, Vision and Safe Driving Research
- General Pharmaceutical Council – Insight into Initial Education and Training Research
The most popular and experienced membership training provider and membership expert speaker in the UK. Over 2,400 people have attended Sue’s seminars!
Forthcoming public seminars include:
– Member Recruitment Strategies and Tactics
– Member Retention Strategies and Tactics
– Raising The Value of Membership
– Communicating the Real Value of Membership
– Delivering Member Service Excellence
– Member Research Fundamentals
– Sponsorship Fundamentals
Sue’s in-house seminars are also extremely popular and can be fully tailored to suit your needs.
All seminars regularly updated with the latest strategic and practical examples and case histories. She regularly works and travels around the world uncover the very best of what is working in membership marketing and development.
“A fantastic seminar. It was very well structured and presented.”
(Helen Wilson, Membership & Database Manager, Booksellers Association)
“I found Sue’s seminar extremely useful. It brought together leading research and practical applications from marketing and recruitment strands and offered an opportunity to meet people from other membership organisations. The structure of the day was vibrant and fast paced. The presentation was top class.”
(Fintan Hourihan, Chief Executive, Irish Dental Association)
“Excellent seminar – it helped me generate lots of ideas which will be simple and practical to implement.”
(Sarah Mann, Services Development Manager, National Farmers Union)
“One of the best seminars I have ever been to – just brilliant!”
(Daryl Sadrove, Chief Executive, Australian College of Health Service Management)
Sue also undertakes the UK’s largest in-depth membership benchmarking study and undertakes bespoke research, consultancy projects and meeting facilitation for associations.
Sue has also developed the CleaView Membership Planning Tool to help managers and directors more quickly and effectively develop their membership plans.