Based in London, we are a small, specialist, full service market research company, providing research insight and strategic direction to professional bodies, trade organisations, charities, academic institutions, publishers and other private sector organisations. Established in 2002, we have an in-depth understanding of membership organisations and the challenges they face. We work closely with our clients to ensure the results of each project provide bespoke, evidence-based insight to shape product, strategy and market development.
We offer a full range of qualitative methodologies (e.g. focus groups, online discussions, face-to-face and telephone/online depth interviews), in addition to competitor profiling, online quantitative survey work and market reviews. Client workshops, knowledge audits, and ideation brainstorms also play an important role in ensuring the research work we conduct is correctly aligned to our clients’ business needs.
Projects we have undertaken for membership organisations have covered research topics such as:
- Member engagement/satisfaction
- Idea generation for new products (e.g. e-learning, CPD support)
- Communications research
- Brand tracking/awareness
- Product/qualification development
- Online content feasibility studies
- Benchmarking research (e.g. covering member value, satisfaction, expectations, needs)
- Competitor profiling/design of competitor monitoring frameworks
We take on projects both large and small, and pride ourselves on providing a personal, tailored service, so please don’t hesitate to contact us to find out how we can help.
Welcome to Membership Marketing by Mulberry.
We’re a specialist creative design and marketing agency for membership organisations with a company legacy stretching back 30 years.
Our team has a real understanding of the needs of membership. With a major background in supporting some of the most progressive and largest membership organisations in the country, we’re here to help your organisation reach and even exceed its targets for growth, retention and development.
We believe creativity is key to connecting to your audience throughout the entire member journey.
Once we’ve combined results from membership data analysis, focus group research & member segmentation, we can then unfold solid solutions for your new marketing strategy & brand development. This includes key content messaging and creative designs. With this process we focus on membership campaigns that establish a strong conversation between you and your existing, and future, members.
We have worked with IWM Duxford and Friends of Duxford, the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists and are currently enjoying working with the Royal College of Physicians, Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA), and Caravan and Motorhome Club.
Our products/services for your membership organisation:
Following Data Analysis:
• Member segmentation to target particular membership groups
• Focus Groups to determine creative campaigns and membership
Creative membership services:
• Strategic Brand Consultancy
• Membership marketing
• Members journey
• Design & branding
• Creative campaigns
• Digital campaigns
• Website design and development
Chord UK delivers high quality member engagement via telemarketing, direct & digital marketing, data improvement and research, for clients including the Royal Statistical Society (RSS), Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC), Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), ICSA: The Governance Institute, British Medical Association (BMA), Royal College of Nursing (RCN) and Royal College of GPs (RCGP).
- High quality telemarketing support for:
- member welcome and touchpoint calls to help retain first year members
- touchpoint calls to increase engagement and retention at key points in the member journey
- new member identification and acquisition
- help during busy renewal periods
- boosting attendance for training courses & events
- qualification enrolments.
- Support for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ePrivacy Regulation (ePR) compliance, including regular data cleansing and Corporate / Telephone Preference Service (C/TPS) screening, channel preference confirmation and gaining consent for email opt-in when required.
- Improving marketing data quality and actionable insight to improve targeting and increase return on investment.
Clients have benefitted from returns of £17: £1 spent for member retention and acquisition and £11: £1 for event bookings and qualification enrolments.
MemberWise offer: 10% off your first campaign/project for new clients
Address: 23A Goose Street, Beckington, Frome, Somerset, BA11 6SS
T: 01373 867920
- Unpaid Member Renewal Campaign – RSC
- Member Welcome & Engagement Calls – RCN
- Transforming Data Quality & Member Intelligence – AOP
- Group Membership Recruitment – BVA
- Membership Retention & Acquisition – BMA
- Boosting Permission-based Marketing – ACT
- Mystery Shopping – RCGP
- UK & International Member Retention, Lapsed Member & Welcome Calls – RCGP
Research by Design is the UK’s leading market research agency for membership associations, with an established reputation for unpicking complex issues. We pride ourselves on our unique approach and our USP of ‘why before how’, which gives us the ability to think creatively. We do not sell ‘products’ – we customise each research programme to answer our clients’ objectives meaning we deliver valuable insight. We embrace the philosophy of ‘stronger together’ and ensure that we form a true partnership with you.
We understand membership and that is why we created our very own member engagement model. Within our model, we identified four key components of member engagement; behavioural, cognitive, emotional and social. Like membership, our model is always evolving to remain relevant so we are in the process of adding a fifth component – culture. Understanding these characteristics enable us to design research which will explore members’ perceptions, experiences, behaviours and attitudes. Using this data, we are then able to segment members, clustering them by their attitudes rather than just their membership grade or demographic profile.
Compare 2 Compete Online Benchmark Software produces and delivers benchmark software with which trade assocations can easily set up and execute a benchmark among their members. We will help you to create a successful benchmark.
Combo Benchmark is an online benchmark system in which you set up a questionnaire, frequency, participants etc. Then you ask the participants by integrated email to submit their data. After submitting data the participants generate online real time reports in which they can compare themselves with relevant reference groups.
Advantages for you as a benchmark manager:
- Easy set up of a benchmark
- Possible to have a benchmark online within one day
- Custom made benchmark within a standard system
- Saves lots of time in executing a benchmark
- Created lots of value in reporting to participants
- Increases membership engagement
Infocorp have been providing membership research to private and professional organisations for thirty years. We offer a flexible approach to our clients providing full-service research or field and tab only if required. We only employ senior experienced staff so you will always be working with people that are experts in their field, making your life easier and guaranteeing reliable and robust surveys.
We offer a wide range of research services and can advise on the most popular research techniques for engaging with members. We can undertake qualitative and quantitative surveys both in the UK and around the world. We have a particular reputation and track record for delivering the most complex and demanding of studies.
IYAM is an engagement platform that works outside the email/text eco-systems, connecting organisations to their members in real time. A UX rich, single platform that facilitates messaging, surveys, polls, feedback and helps drive traffic to your website and other online marketing platforms.
IYAM has been designed ground up to meet the needs of organisations and members alike.
Organisations aiming to:
- Increase membership and improve retention
- Increase participation
- Improve ROI from all online marketing activities
Members wanting to contribute, however
- Don’t want email overload or long surveys
- Engage in a way that is convenient to them
- Get involved with topics they are passionate about
- Want to receive feedback and results from their input
IYAM helps organisations build an ongoing dialogue with their members and increase participation.
- Simple to implement
- Easy to use
- Low transparent pricing
- Branded to promote and represent the organisation’s values
The most popular and experienced membership training provider and membership expert speaker in the UK. Over 2,400 people have attended Sue’s seminars!
Forthcoming public seminars include:
– Member Recruitment Strategies and Tactics
– Member Retention Strategies and Tactics
– Raising The Value of Membership
– Communicating the Real Value of Membership
– Delivering Member Service Excellence
– Member Research Fundamentals
– Sponsorship Fundamentals
Sue’s in-house seminars are also extremely popular and can be fully tailored to suit your needs.
All seminars regularly updated with the latest strategic and practical examples and case histories. She regularly works and travels around the world uncover the very best of what is working in membership marketing and development.
“A fantastic seminar. It was very well structured and presented.”
(Helen Wilson, Membership & Database Manager, Booksellers Association)
“I found Sue’s seminar extremely useful. It brought together leading research and practical applications from marketing and recruitment strands and offered an opportunity to meet people from other membership organisations. The structure of the day was vibrant and fast paced. The presentation was top class.”
(Fintan Hourihan, Chief Executive, Irish Dental Association)
“Excellent seminar – it helped me generate lots of ideas which will be simple and practical to implement.”
(Sarah Mann, Services Development Manager, National Farmers Union)
“One of the best seminars I have ever been to – just brilliant!”
(Daryl Sadrove, Chief Executive, Australian College of Health Service Management)
Sue also undertakes the UK’s largest in-depth membership benchmarking study and undertakes bespoke research, consultancy projects and meeting facilitation for associations.
Sue has also developed the CleaView Membership Planning Tool to help managers and directors more quickly and effectively develop their membership plans.