Employment Law & Human Resources (HR)
Hunter Merrifield is a specialist Membership recruiter, covering permanent and interim roles in Acquisition, Engagement & Retention. Our consultants’ quality-driven approach ensures that we build long-lasting relationships with our candidates and clients, covering the entire membership lifecycle. Our highly versatile offering and advanced sourcing methodologies enable us to locate the hard-to-find and seriously talented membership professionals that your organisation needs. This makes us a trusted recruitment partner across Charities, Trade Associations, Regulatory and Professional bodies and Learned societies.
Each of our consultants specialises in a specific business area. Their in-depth knowledge of the membership space enables them to effectively place candidates, from junior to senior roles, into forward-thinking community-driven organisations.
We are equally as committed to finding the right fit for our candidates as we are for our clients.
Ellis Whittam is a leading provider of legal advisory services to trade associations and membership organisations.
Our approach to working in partnership with membership organisations is simple. We want to achieve the shared objective of happy engaged members who really value their membership of your association.
We are not a mass market provider. We will work with you to understand your long-term objectives and create compelling service propositions which add value and actively support your membership retention and recruitment initiatives. Whatever your market sector and needs, we have the expertise, flexibility and experience to develop the right solution for your association and your members.
Providing a legal advisory service for your members is now an essential part of any membership offering and adds real impact to your existing member benefits. Ellis Whittam can provide your members with access to expert, professional legal advice by a dedicated telephone number and email address:
- Employment Law & HR
- Employment Tribunal support
- Health & Safety
- Commercial Law
- Tax & VAT
- Employee Counselling
- Bespoke Legal Expenses Insurance schemes
When did you last review your existing service?
It’s good governance to regularly review your existing provision to ensure that you are still offering the services your members really need and that you are working with the very best providers. Ellis Whittam is a legal services provider which understands the membership sector. We would be happy to assist in your review process to ensure you are delivering to your members the best value for money, and quality driven service .
Hospital and Medical Care Association (HMCA) are a major provider of exclusive membership benefits within the UK, Republic of Ireland and Gibraltar. HMCA was formed in 1978 and currently works to provide discounted products exclusively for membership organisation and association professionals.
HMCA offers members extra discounts across affordable plans within the following categories:
- Private Medical Cover
- Personal Accident
- Income Protection
- Legal and Tax Helpline
- Business Legal Services
- 24/7 Counselling Helpline
- Vehicle Breakdown
Iroko Consulting is a niche consultancy working with membership and not for profit organisations to support sustainability and growth.
We understand the membership sector’s challenges to remain relevant to current members whilst attracting new members from the UK and overseas; deliver services through traditional and new digital channels; ensure consistent operational excellence; recruit, develop and retain skilled people and engage effectively with employees, volunteers and stakeholders.
Although membership bodies may share some characteristics, we know you need more than an off-the-shelf answer. We provide tailored expert advice and support to develop strong leadership teams, collaborative working, and maintain a highly skilled and motivated workforce. We start by spending time asking questions and listening to potential clients so we understand your drivers for changes and what you are looking to achieve.
Consultancy and advisory services include:
- Strategic HR/Organisation development projects
- Facilitating meetings, workshops, away days for Council/Boards and senior leadership teams
- Building and developing teams, cross team relationships
- Learning and development covering leadership, management and business skills
- Skills gap analysis and team structure reviews
- Recruitment support for senior appointments to Management teams/Board
With over 20 years’ experience working in the membership and not for profit sector, Jenny offers practical solutions to help improve operational effectiveness, develop services and improve organisational capabilities and capacity.
For an informal and no obligation discussion about how we can work with you please contact [email protected]
We are pleased to offer a 10% discount to Memberwise organisations (new clients only).
At Bupa, we do all we can to make sure that nothing gets in the way of our customers truly living their lives. That means not just being there for the big things, but helping with the everyday things too. With healthcare products and services that work with our customers’ lives – no matter what point they’re at.
- We’re a trusted global brand.
- We’re one of the UK’s leading healthcare specialists.
- We’re experts in healthcare. This enables us to provide innovative and flexible solutions with our customers at the heart.
- We have no shareholders. Our priority is looking after our customers through our care homes, health insurance, health centres and dental centres.
What does Bupa By You health insurance promise?
Here are some of the reasons why Defaqto’s industry experts award our Comprehensive product the full five stars.
- Faster access to help – often our customers don’t need to see a GP† before speaking to us. They can call us for clear advice and take their next steps sooner rather than later.
- Nothing less than health expertise – we’re not just an insurance company. We employ experts in health, so our customers always have people with the right level of understanding helping them. Whenever they need health advice they can rely on, customers can call our 24/7 Anytime HealthLine and speak to a doctor or nurse.
- More than just health insurance – we don’t just insure, we care. As well as funding diagnosis and treatment, we employ our own health experts to support customers through it all.
- Cancer care that helps you get there – with our full cancer cover, you’ll have access to any cancer drug in the UK that’s licensed for your condition, even if it isn’t NICE approved or available on the NHS.*
On top of all that, our partners may get a discount on Bupa By You health insurance simply for being with us.
†Direct Access telephone services are available as long as the symptoms are covered under the policy. If your cover excludes conditions you had before your policy started, we’ll ask you to provide evidence from your GP that your symptoms are not pre-existing for a period of up to two years from policy start date (or five years in the case of mental health) before we can refer you to a consultant. For rolling moratorium underwritten members we will ask for evidence each time you claim for a condition not claimed for before. Always call us first to check your eligibility.
*Applies to eligible cancer drugs and treatment covered under the policy.
Our customers think we’re great
Customers rate their experiences with us as great overall on Trustpilot. See what customers have to say about us here.
‡ Rating correct as of March 2019.
To find out more about how we can support your organisation’s wellbeing, please email [email protected]
Bupa Health Insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Prospectus is a specialist recruitment consultancy working exclusively with the beyond profit sector.
Membership bodies can perform a pivotal role in facilitating learning, informing debate and influencing policy for the benefit of members, communities and the wider public.
In order to help you find the right talent, matched with your culture, mission and values, we work in partnership with you to place top quality candidates from a variety of different backgrounds.
- Permanent and Contract Recruitment
- Temporary Staffing Support
- Recruitment Advertising